Small changes that can have a lasting effect on the environment. Queen City Disposal has some tips on how to reduce waste this year
Reuse water bottles
- You might already have a reusable water bottle, but do you use it all the time?
- Take your water bottle with you when you go out to prevent buying expensive beverages to go and eliminate the one-time use bottle.
Reusable plastic bags can be used for more than groceries
- Put reusable grocery bags in the back seat of your car so you’ll have them on those last-minute trips to the store.
Avoid single-use food and drink containers and utensils
- Avoid using single-use coffee cups, disposable, utensils, straws, and napkins.
- Keep a set of silverware at work along with a plate, bowl, and cup that you can wash and reuse.
- Skip the plastic straw! Buy reusable metal, glass, or silicone straws instead.
Remember – a lot of these items are made from plastic and were delivered by a truck, and will end up in landfills. Anything we can do to reduce plastic consumption adds up to make a big impact.
- Having a compost pile in your backyard can save on fertilizer for your fruits and vegetables and even for your plants and flowers.
- Fruit and vegetable scraps, eggshells, coffee grounds, grass clippings, and leaves can all be composted.
- Make 2021 the year you become a master gardener!
Stop using so much paper!
- In today’s digital world, most companies offer bills by email.
- Digital subscriptions to magazines and newspapers are sometimes less expensive than hard-copy versions.
- Try using ecocycle.org/junkmail to eliminate extra paper in your mailbox or talk to your mail carrier to stop the delivery of junk mail.
Queen City Disposal is a locally owned and operated business. Our mission is to ensure the delivery of a cost-effective and environmentally sound solid waste management system.
Contact us today and let’s talk trash!
Queen City Disposal
50 Reynolds Street
Clarksville, TN 37040
Phone: (931) 896-1500